Thursday, October 4, 2012

Pinterest Fail

I don't know about you, but my success with Pinterest-inspired projects is spotty at best. That's across the board - recipes, crafts, etc.

With crafts, I usually blame myself. I'm not really crafty at all. (And that's being nice to myself.)

With recipes, I usually blame the source - I CAN cook.

Yesterday I tried a new avenue - a hairdo. Or a style. Or maybe it's a styling method. It looked so easy - braid hair, twist straightening iron around braids, get the so popular 'beachy waves'.



I preheated the straightener. I braided. (I have thick hair, so I even did four braids instead of the recommended two.) I twisted. Twice on each braid, just in case. I waited. I undid the braids.

The hair I had spent time the day before straightening now looked - ta daa - like I hadn't spent any time straightening it. It was my usual "not straight but not really curly" hair. So, the options are as follows:

1. I have naturally 'beach wavy' hair. (I think not.)
2. Pinterest fail.

I'm putting my money on #2. Bah.

No comments:

Post a Comment